Thursday 24 May 2007

When Boredom Sets In

I've got a bit of time on my hands and thought it'd be nice to get something done. I hate boredom but it's a fact of life. I just never think about what I can do when I'm bored.

Sure, I have a PlayStation, the net, the TV and music around but I have such a short attention span. I need something to encapsulate my complete conscious thought.

This wiles away 10 minutes or so but the whole argument I have in my head is "What the hell can I do at 3 in the morning?". I argue with myself because it's about the only decent conversation I have.

I'm currently waiting for my fiancee to get back from her cousin's wedding rehearsal. Why do they need a rehearsal? Things always go wrong on the actual day of the wedding anyway. Maybe I'm just saying that because she's there and away from me, I dunno.

I saw the news about 3 potential terrorists having escaped their control orders. They are now talking about opting out of the Human Rights Legislation to create a Guantanamo-like detention centre. That makes sense - take all the conspiritors of doom and put them all under one roof.

Man, I hate this place, so glad I'm getting out of here in 3 years. That's me done for today, off to get bored in some other way now. See ya!!

7 comments:

morgetron said...

When I'm bored I make funny faces in the mirror.

morgetron said...

Or I make up songs in a made-up language. Try it!

morgetron said...

If you're with Cristina when you're bored, and she's bored too, have a whistling contest. The catch is, you have to look at each other the whole time. Whoever laughs first, is the big loser. It's very hard not to laugh when you're looking at someone while they whistle.

Unknown said...

THINGS TO DO WHEN YOUR BORED:

Wax the ceiling
Rearrange political campaign signs
sharpen your teeth
Braid your dog's hair
Clean and polish your belly button
Water your dog...see if he grows
Wash a tree
Knight yourself
Scare Stephen King
Give your cat a Mohawk
Purr
Mow your carpet
Play Pat Boone records backwards
Vacuum your lawn
Sleep on a bed of nails
DON'T toss and turn
Boil ice cream
Run around in squares
Think of quadruple entendres
Speak in acronyms
Have your pillow X-rayed
Drink straight shots...of water

Better leave you some for another day!

~bored, contagious I think~

fangers said...

Ya'll are too much... you got me grinning again.

fangers said...

When I'm bored, the LAST thing I would do is go to a wedding rehearsal... I didn't even go to my own... so... why should I go to someone elses?

Unknown said...

You got already many tips about what to do when you are bored.

I suggest you : start to write and you will never bore you again.

Tip : promote your blog in http://www.piecelibrary.com/ by writing an article there and make a link to your blog in the bylink. Your blog will attract more visitors.